Saturday, June 30, 2012

Now What?

Ok, the tour is done. Y'all know that. But, I'm a lost soul now. The tour provided deliverance (um, not the movie) and enlightenment. Now, I twiddle my thumbs. It is nice to not have any training pressure for sure - yet something is missing. I can feel the fitness I had obtained bleeding from the body. I'm even having trouble raising my coffee cup this morning as I blog! I have a busy July with vacations and seeing family and taking trips. So that will be a nice break. Hell, I'm even going on a week long motorcycle trip (my other passion) with some friends into Canada, then to Montana and back home. But I need to keep bicycle riding somehow. I could sign up for another event and have some goal out there. That is the pickled bugger of it - do I need to have a major goal each time... to feel motivated? The tour was very cool - I could not believe how one could pedal, self propel, his arse around, with all provisions and see beautiful, wonderous terrain and feel like Juan Ponce de Leon! Gotta do, gotta do something... some ride somewhere, anywhere. Hmmm, I have been eyeballing a two day bike overnight on the Mountain Loop Road with the Burro set up with mountain bike tires. It ain't a major trip - but would keep me doing some riding.

Plot, plan, ride, ready, romp. I got to do something!

Teaser Map...

No comments:

Post a Comment