Friday, June 22, 2012

Big Orange Bags on Bike - Folks Get Curious

Had a few minutes this morning, so time for some light reading...

The Burro has big orange panniers on it. Bright orange. When people see these, I am so surprised how many people want to ask about your ride. I have talked to the coolest folks. Sometimes they kind of say, wow, why would you want ride all that way! Some seem to get it. A lot offer tips on places to see and eat and hills to be wary of. Sometimes, I can get misinformation too. Yesterday, I asked a guy in Pateros, after we chatted for a minute, how far to Chelan. He said oh about 30 miles. According to my maps it was only 19 and I was banking on a short ride into town. I was a bit discouraged. Maybe I miscalculated. Open up the IPhone, hit the maps and yep... 19 miles! Yesterday, I spent 20 minutes talking to a guy, in a coffee shop, while I enjoyed a cold Italian soda and it was a great conversation. His bike story, since obviously biking was pertinent was he and his wife sail to Mexico each year and bought these folding bikes they stow on board and when the get to the towns and moor, out come the folding bikes and they pedal all over.

Anyway, chatting with folks you may never really have had a chance to, is pretty cool about bike touring. Ok, of to Wenatchee!

No comments:

Post a Comment