Thursday, June 7, 2012

Preview for the weekend - Slogfest a la Flying Wheels

So this weekend will be the FINAL official training event of my long, long, slog to the Casacade Traverse. Saturday I will be riding the Flying Wheels Century. I have the Seven all tuned up and shiny. And I feel real strong, ready to abuse my body... which is sometimes what yah gotta do ... SUFFER!

So, as it turns out, the Seven needed a new cassette and chain. Actually, it only needed a chain but once a chain is replaced often the cassette needs to be done as well or else the new chain skips on the old teeth of the old cassette. She also needed new brake pads and there was a annoying creak coming from the bike when I cranked on it up hills that was fixed by lubing, adjusting and re-torquing the bottom bracket. But now she runs like a charm and is so clean. Nice to see her back in grand shape after the long winter. 

  See how clean that cassette is?


Ok, what the hell, why stop now - I'll just go on about the bike. A Seven has always been my dream bike. Seven was founded by...  nah why type... I'll just cut and paste the Wikipedia version:

Seven Cycles is an American bicycle designer and manufacturer based in Watertown, Massachusetts. Seven, America's number one custom bicycle brand, was founded by Robert Vandermark in early 1997. Vandermark was the former head of research and development at Merlin Metalworks. Although Seven Cycles was originally founded to build high-end titanium and steel frames, in 1998 Seven began also building titanium-carbon frames and in 2002 began also building full carbon frames. All Seven brand bikes are hand-made in their Watertown factory. Seven also manufactures custom titanium stems and mountain bike handlebars, carbon fiber road forks, aluminum handlebars, stems, and seat posts.


I have had the bike for almost three years and it just keeps getting better.

So- I will post more on Saturday... post my self flagellation ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment