Friday, June 8, 2012

The Long Black Ribbon

Courtesy of Google street view, here are a few photos of what each day may look like for me on my tour. Miles and miles of 'black ribbon' for sure..

Day 1 Start: Newhalem, WA. 80 miles and 5,000 feet of climbing, great way to kick it off!Yes, that is an old steam engine on the right.


Day 1: On the road - about 50 miles east of Newhalem. This is going down hill, so the passes are behind me. Yah! 

Day 2: Between Winthrop, WA and Chelan. 60 miles and a nice easy ride with a very gradual down hill that follows the Methow River and then the mighty Columbia River.


Day 3: Chelan, WA to Wenatchee, WA. About a 50 mile day, again on a river course - but getting more barren than the past two days. Sometimes the wind books up the Columbia because it serves as a big funnel with the heated interior of the central Washington basin sucking air from the ocean with its cooler temps. I am a bit worried this day could be windy. Ack!

Day 4: Wenatchee, WA to Cle Elum, WA. This is the last day and comes in about 65 miles and I am back to serious hills and will go over Bluett Pass. But then its downhill to Cle Elum!

This is sort of the finish - downtown Cle Elum. I still have about 10 miles to go to Suncadia, but could not find any street level pics of the road by Suncadia. Once I arrive at Suncadia - it is time to party! I get to see my S.O. and the pup and will be chillin', happy of a job well done!

1 comment:

  1. Hope the skies are as clear as these pictures ;-)
    Luna will be waggin' at the finish line!
    10 days to go baby...that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete