Friday, June 22, 2012

Day Three Report - I think I cheated?

Today was 37.8 miles. That's it. That was the plan for today. A nice ride from Chelan to Wenatchee. It was so simple... I was feeling like I lamed out, cheated some how. Come on, yah gotta hammer, tick miles off, struggle, self flaggelate, prove you can ride. Ack! This is the traps we place for ourselves.

Ok, but, today was so nice. The weather was thunder stormy and on the cool side. The air smelled fresh and the crickets along the road in the grass, seemed to chirp a bit chirpier.

Out of Chelan was a longish grade that kicked the morning off. It was not too bad and I knew the elevation profile for the day, so nothing to worry about.


The bull in action.


Fire interpretive center.



Lonely central WA terrain.

High school class graffiti.

Looking down the Columbia River toward Wenatchee.





Funny.


So as you can see I did some site seeing along the way. Did not feel pressed for time, so why not.. I'm always in a rush it seems... even on a bicycle. One thing I did today was use the IPhone for listening to music while I ride. Yes, some would say... this ain't the brightest thing to be doing on a bike, on a highway. But, the road was wide, and at highway speeds a car travels going by, I can here them coming for sure. Anyway, here is some of the music I listened to on the road today. Scroll down and I'll tell you how I made the photos to put in the blog.





















Ok, so these are actual screen shots off the iPhone during the music playback! All you do, to take a screen shot is press the sleep and home button at the same time. Cool huh? The other cool thing... I made a FaceTime call tonight with my support crew! Without them... golly, I don't think I could have done this trip.

Luna!

Jen!



No comments:

Post a Comment