Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Thorn in My Side

Day 8 of my cold. Has thrown a wrench into the training. I did hit my long day ride this last Saturday (see prior post) - but each day, when it comes to that time, when I need to hit the tarmac - its the same... nope better stay in and see if I can get better. I have 35 days until the ride - and I feel like I'm in pretty good shape in terms of where I am at in the overall training plan. But, this week may go down in flames as well and I won't get out. But maybe if I lay low for the next 3-4 days, I can hit THIS weeks long day ride. If so, I'd need to do 70 miles on Saturday. I am now starting to think - my ride this last Saturday prolonged the cold.

Ok, off the record... this cold is a real thorn in my side. It has stolen some of my training momentum and this ticks me off.



No comments:

Post a Comment