Friday, May 25, 2012

A strong end vs the week-end?

Ok, you folks already know I like to play on words in my blog - so I'll leave it up to you if this blog title is a bit hokey. But, the holiday weekend is upon us and I am very much feeling that this weekend will be a strong end to my week back into full training since being sick. I have had some good training this week and will be topping it off with a long ride tomorrow and then a milestone ride on Monday of 65 miles and lots of climbing.

My original plan for tomorrow was to load up the Fargo with a simulated touring load and do a medium long ride with moderate climbing to see how I do and how the bike rides. I was going to hop on the Seattle to Bainbridge Ferry and complete the Chilly Hilly course. But... as I started to think of the logistics of this car-boat-bike-boat-car ride and the fact that the great Washington ferry system will see heavy loads of cars tomorrow and long waits in line - I said... um... no. I can postpone this to next weekend.

Monday I am riding the Seven Hills of Kirkland metric century. I did this one a few years back and it was a kind of challenging course with 4,635 feet of climbing on those seven hills. The ride also has a bag piper encouraging you at the top of Winery Hill! And since I am Scottish, the pipes seem to make me feel like William Wallace at the Battle of Stirling as I crest the hill. 

Neil Hubbard Piping on Winery Hill

Sunday, I am taking the day off - but will hop on my other 'cycle' and that happens to be a motorcycle.

1 comment:

  1. I know you will miss your SO on your "other" bike ride ;-)

    ReplyDelete