Sunday, May 6, 2012

Creepin' Crud Settlin' In

Ok, woke up with a sore throat and expectin' I will need some expectorant cause the body is fighting some sort of minor cold crap. And, guess what, today is that one day a week, where you pull out all stops and hit the road for ... the L O N G ride. Was supposed to 60 miles today. I actually suited up and paced around a bit, Googled riding with a sore throat, weighed the pros and cons, and decided to go ahead and head out. Went up the driveway, turned down the road and a little bit of cool air hit my neck and I said, nope and turned around. Major bummer. It is going to be such a nice day here in the Puget Sound too. One factor influencing my decision was I have inserted a training milestone with a metric century ride next Saturday. Its the Skagit Spring Classic and I think I'd rather miss this week's long ride, so I can be all healthy-fied for next Saturday's ride.  'Tis better to hit that milestone than hit this one and not make that one - if that makes sense.

So, so far, the training has been going great and if this is the only issue or problem in the 12 weeks leading up to the ride - then that ain't to bad I suppose. Now if the crud sets in right before my big ride - that will be a major, unfortunate, no good, wrotten, dirty, stinkin', who's in charge here?, moe foe of a  bad deal. I think I'll spend the prior week in that suit the Boy in the Plastic Bubble wore.


No comments:

Post a Comment