Thursday, May 17, 2012

Maker's 46, Salsa Wanderlust and Schwalbies

Ok, still have been sick enough that if I ride/train, I feel it would set me back even further. So- I wait. I wait. I wait. But- there is still something to be gawd dang frickin' HAPPY about. Right? Its time to start buying equipment for the trip!

So tonight, with a lowball of Maker''s 46 whiskey in hand, credit card in the other, U2 on I-Tunes, I hit the world wide web.

Been researching the myriad of bike racks on the market for a while. Did you know they make them for both the front and back? Crazy. There are the simple and chintzy types up to full-on bomb proof, heavy duty, hyper functional, I'm riding from Morroco to Cape Town over the next year of my life versions as well.

Since I ride a Salsa, why not get a Salsa rack? That is synchronicity at its best.  I decided on the Salsa Wanderlust

I ordered it from Universal Cycles in Portland, OR
$99













Pretty sweet huh.

Ok, what's next... touring tires! Yea, I need good rubbers.

The Salsa came with mtb tires and these are inappropriate for touring on paved roads for obvious reasons. Why lug all those lugs around when they're not needed?

A lot of the Salsa Fargo peeps who use their bikes for touring as well as other folks who like touring by bike - like the Schwalbe Marathon Supreme HS 382

I got these from Amazon for about 30% off.
$51.29 / tire










Yep, these are just teaser pics. Actual pics on the bike will need to wait until I start setting the bike up for the trip.

Well, me dram o' whiskey is gone, the credit card is put away and Unforgettable Fire is on its last track. Time for bed.

Hopefully tomorrow, I'll be feeling better - by hook or by crook!




No comments:

Post a Comment