Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Swan River Ride - Short Loop

Took a spin on the Seven yesterday. Ah man- felt simply awesome to be riding again. The Montana scenery is voondahbah! Weather was perfect - about 75 degrees. I stopped in Bigfork, MT to have a Power Bar and while sitting on a bench and chomping said P-bar, a guy came up to me and struck up a conversation asking me where I had been riding. I told him I was down on the Swan and was out for a two hour ride. He had a thick Aussie accent and as the conversation progressed, he told me he was on a solo bike tour from "Portland to North Dakota". A bit of a strange 'start' and 'finish' for a bike tour to me. But, he said he comes back each couple of years and pieces together a section of the U.S. and one day will have an entire circumnavigation of the America done. Bravo for him! A few days before, he was in Lincoln, MT and some folks there - asked him whay yah wanna go to North Dakota, up in Glacier is much prettier (Glacier National Park). So, he took their advice and pedaled north. He said, now he was heading back to Lincoln to thank them. I dare say, without my bike, we would have never struck up a conversation. Ah... the communities of the cycle!

My route







Swan River



The Garden Bar in Bigfork, MT. Very famous in these parts!




Swan River

No comments:

Post a Comment