Monday, July 23, 2012

Alone...listless...breakfast table in an otherwise empty room

It has been a month since the tour. I have been busy on vacation with some work at work in between. Went on a 2000 mile motorcycle trip with some buddies up into Canada. Now, I'm in Montana with family enjoying summer time. I haven't ridden a bike in a month. Yes, I'm a bit listless. Am trying to come up with a end of summer tour. Maybe a "bike overnight" somewhere in the Puget Sound. Not in... but, around the sound I mean. Summers seem to go so quick in Seattle. Maybe a fall ride would be good. East of the mountains? Not much rain yet over there in the fall. Gotta finish our kitchen remodel too. Always something. On my m/c trip, I saw a fair amount of bicycle touristas pounding the pedals. I was happy to be powered by my Yamaha inline 1300cc motor, but kind of envied my "brothers from another mother". I would watch their image get smaller and smaller in my mirrors as I rode on. I knew they would be grimacing at times. And grinning ear to ear at other times. I usually tried to give them a big thumbs up as I'd go by. Power to the pedalers!

So, that's it for now.

And yes, the blog post title is a lyric in a Pearl Jam song. And I am alone (well technically, Luna is outside and Jen downstairs, family is in town), a bit listless, sitting by the dining room table.

No comments:

Post a Comment