Sunday, April 29, 2012

Fearing the Wrath of God Training



One way to motivate yourself to complete your training program is to sign up for the most heinous, long, miserable event you can find. Just check out these classics like the Markleeville Death Ride, Mount Shasta Summit Ride or the Breathless Agony Century. This will sear the Fear of God in you and keep you pushing the pedals until its time. Back in 2007 when I decided to set course to do my first century ride - I was scared shitless. I had no idea what to expect. I trained like a banshee. This year is much the same, the ride I will do is my first multi-day ride. And it is working - again I am training motivated by fear. Perfect. And in truth, I feel stronger than I ever have. Of course if you're an atheist, this won't work. BTW, another sure fire way is to pay a bunch of money to sign up for a ride. Then, you gotta train since you spent a whole bunch of coin.

Hey- tis the games we must play on ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment