Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday Desperation Ride

There is life after Manhattans. Jen and I high-tailed down the mountain from Suncadia and arrived back into Seattle by about noon. Knowing I had not ridden the bike in week, I was a bit anxious as I wondered how I would navigate the decision point - ride or no ride (aka lame out you looser head). We went to pick up Luna from her weekend of romping with Kya and Marley and when we returned home I stared into the clock face and it read a quarter-to-looserville. Now was the make or break moment. Ok, fight the urge to stay at home, fight the urge to fall blissfully asleep in a nice, we partied for two nights, cat nap.

Have you ever heard of the 50:50:90 rule? This states that when a person is faced with a choice of two options, a la a 50:50 chance, they will pick the wrong one 90% of the time. I dunno if this is a real rule or not - but today, I felt like I picked the right one. I suited up and rode down the road. So- after a couple nights of debauchery, there is a training life. I actually smoked my ride today - 28 miles in 98 minutes or about 16.25 MPH. I am happy with that. Happy I forced my self to work out. Small wins, lead to bigger wins.


No comments:

Post a Comment