Monday, March 26, 2012

Burro Mondays

Took the Salsa Fargo out for spin today. Second time on the bike. This time she had 700cx32 cyclocross tires on it rather than the two-niners. This bike is a hoot. It will be the bike I take on my extended tour this summer. It's a bit of a plodder. She's a wee bit heavy. But with the SRAM X9 it climbs like a goat. At first, I was feeling the bike was slow and awkward, but she grew on me. I decided after about a mile to kick back and enjoy the ride. Turned up Norway Hill and geared down and climbed away. At the bottom, turned around and did it the opposite way. This type of training was a nice change from the normal get miles, cheat the wind, razor focus, hey my pro kit is fookin' brilliant, take no prisoners training that I have been doing as of late. Today's ride was a slap happy experience. I went slow and smelled the roses, er tulips (since it is tulip time in the PNW). I decided to incorporate this type of ride in my training regimen. I'll call it Burro Mondays.



No comments:

Post a Comment