Saturday, June 8, 2013

Zero Dark Thirty - Flying Wheels Prep

Today is the Flying Wheels ride. Put on by Cascade Cycling Club. Routes are 24, 45, 65 and 100 miles. I usually do the century version (100 miles) as my season peak ride, but this year I need to 'peak' a bit later in the season, so I am only doing the 65 mile ride. And there are some hills thrown in as usual. The vertical gain for the 65 is about 3000 feet. But- at the last 17 miles, there is a punishing 3 mile climb at 7-9% grade. The screen shot below is from the website for the ride and this is something new this year - they are warning riders of the climb. "You have been warned" they say. No doubt the climb is a bugger and comes pretty close to the end. But, that just adds to the fun right?

Anyway- time to get moving on the day. Gotta eat some major calories, load the bike and go ride. I'll post an update later.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment