Sunday, May 25, 2014

When?

My last post was simply stated Where? Usually where and when coincide nicely since they go 'handlebar in handlebar' together when one is planning a bicycle tour. I have the where down pat, been in my brain for some time. The when is a bit of an unknown at this point in time.

Has been a bit of an interesting spring for me, Jen and Luna the wonder pup. In a prior blog post, I wrote of ankle biters - this spring has seen a good share of trials and 'tibia-lations'. It does not take much to get knocked off your stride and soon you realize you're going nowhere fast.

We have had to do some major work on our house - due to the massive rains we had in February. Our basement flooded. I have had some smallish health concerns that have been taking some time to work through. Jen has been afforded a great opportunity at work and Luna, well, is actually just fine. All these add up to an official status of my 2014 tour as on hold. There has just been some other priorities right now.

I still hold out hope for some ride in August or September. I may need to down size the days, miles, pedal strokes, power bars and panoramas... but I think I will be able to come up with something.

So, as I think about it... we're back to where and when.


No comments:

Post a Comment