Sunday, April 14, 2013

Riding Season is Open, Slogging To Another Epic Summer

Ok, so it has been a while since I slogged and blogged. Winter was... winter. I did not do a ton of riding. The Burro stayed in its corral and the Seven hibernated through the cold and rainy season of winter. But that was yesterday. Today there is good sign that spring is here. I have been already riding and doing some early training as well. It's almost tax day (why do we use this as some grand time point on the calendar?) and I should be well on my way for some event starting in mid June or so. Am I? Um, yah, mostly. At least this is what I have to tell myself.  I've got the spreadsheet filled in for training goals and have a new training toy (Garmin Edge 500) for GPS training and things are a hummin' and a groovin' as me dad would say. I need to update the blog layout to clean out some of the old details from last years grand tour. So, you'll see some changes. I got a tour plan already bouncing around the cerebral cortex and it will be unveiled soon. 

Below is the snap shot for last year's tour. You may remember it; The 2012 Cascade Traverse By-Pedal Expedition to Save the Endangered Human Folly. This year may not have such a catchy name, but heck, half the fun is naming these silly adventures, so we'll see! The pic below is to immortalize the trip in perpetuity in these hallowed computer bits and bites that make up my blog. A new grand pic of the sat track will emerge soon. Stay tuned.





No comments:

Post a Comment