Sunday, August 12, 2012

Mount Rainier - Sunday Ride Up To Sunrise

Goes without saying - this ride has been on my ride list for more than a few years. I just never seem to get my grit together and make the two hour drive south toward the mother of all lahar making machines - Mount Rainier. Sunrise, at an elevation of 6,400 feet is the highest point that can be reached by vehicle at Mount Rainier National Park. Notice I said vehicle. Technically speaking a vehicle can be any manner of legal conveyance - including the lowly bicycle. The road to Sunrise starts in the NE corner of the park and from the White River entrance to the park, at 3500 feet - climbs steadily, up to the top at 6,400 feet. I'd say there is never any grade bigger than 6% and the total distance is about 15 miles. Not too bad really. It was a beautiful day and even though it has been 6 weeks since my tour - I felt I was still in pretty good shape. Anyway - please enjoy the pics - I even through some in that I was trying to be "artistic" on.

Cheers!

Click on any pic for a larger size.



















No comments:

Post a Comment